Tuesday, July 16, 2013

My New Favorite Ice Cream Recipe

My New Favorite Ice Cream Recipe

I love making homemade ice cream  all year but I especially love making it in the summer. I have weeks where I make 3 batches of ice cream a week. I have tried a bunch of different recipes but I have found a new favorite.

Curlymomma's #1 Ice Cream
1/2 gal fat free or low fat chocolate milk
1 container cool whip (light if you can find it)
1 can fat free sweetened condensed milk
Mix it all up and pour in your ice cream maker. If your ice cream maker is as small as mine DO NOT put the whole batch in it, it will overflow
I took my left over mix and put it in a zip top freezer baggie and put it in the freezer and it worked too so if you don't have an ice cream maker you can just throw it in the baggie and freeze it.

You can try this one too
1/2 gal fat free or low fat plain milk
1 container cool whip
1 can fat free sweetened condensed milk
flavor of your choice (example, vanilla or mint extract)
Mix it all up freeze in ice cream maker add in what ever mix ins you want

Here's my good ol' standby
2 cups low fat or fat free milk
1 can fat free sweetened condensed milk
1 box instant pudding of your choice. (try coconut and add in once it is all done
 coconut, toasted almonds and chopped up chocolate chips)
Mix it all up (all but the mix ins, put those in after the ice cream is done churning) and put in your ice cream maker.

Hope you enjoy these recipes I know we do in our family


If you have a KitchenAid you need this ice cream maker!! I love it

My favorite ice cream topping right now. That's right it is Cinnamon Toast Crunch!!

2 comments: