Monday, April 1, 2013

12 Years of Wedded Bliss

12 Years come and gone

Where does time go?  I've been thinking that question a lot lately. My husband and I celebrated our 12th anniversary yesterday (March 31st). I can not believe we have been married so long. I think back to that fresh faced 17 year old girl who first set eyes on the one that would be her husband. Would she ever believe that she would end up with him as her happily ever after? Would she believe that he would give her 3 beautiful boys? Would she believe that the guy she had a crush on for so long would end up hers forever? Probably not but that is what happened. When I first saw Kevin I instantly had a crush on him, he was very "hot" and had that "bad boy" appeal. We became friends and hung out almost every weekend for several months finally I worked up the courage to ask him out. I remember saying "let's give it a shot and see what happens" he answered with a "no" I remember him saying he valued our friendship too much to ruin it if a relationship didn't work out. I understood and agreed and went home for the night. A day or two passed and he called me up and said he had thought about it and wanted to give it a try. That's how it all started. We dated for 2 years before we got engaged, I know a lot of people probably thought we were crazy for getting married so young I was 20 and he was 23 but we knew we wanted to be together and live our lives together so why should we wait just because we were young. So here we are 12 years later still happy (most of the time) and just as in love as we were when we got married. I am truly blessed to have him as my husband. 
Thank you babe for the last 12 years I can't believe you have put up with me for so long.
Here's to another 12 
and then another 
and another 
and another 
and another 
and another 
Love you more than you know

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Girl! :) I am sure I will be reading a similar post in 12 years... :)

    ReplyDelete